Monday, February 9, 2015

Morning Babbling

It's 7 AM and I just figured out I can make posts from my iPhone. Yeah. I'm a little slow on the technology uptake sometimes but I've also had limited internet access up until this point. And you know those "Damn you, autocorrect!" funnies? Yeeaaaaaaah.... My phone is horrible for doing that shit to me too. My computer is in the living room right now and I'm too lazy to get it.

Yesterday-and keep in mind I've had my current computer almost a year now and went through them like crazy in my early twenties because I was just that horrible to my laptops-I figured out Microsoft Word 2013 lets me pin important documents. I think I sat there like twenty minutes pinning all the important docs for my Over and Cheap series. I found this acceptable rather than filling out job applications because hey, I'm trying to make a living as a writer too (kidding! Still filled out like five).

About that. The writer thing. I'm going to be blogging a lot more now that I figured out my google chrome app will take me right to my blog. I'm also spending the down time of zero employment to write as fast as I can. My fairy god writer has an accountability group on Facebook where we post  how much we want to write each day. It's been really useful because I've been in a huge writing rut since September and haven't been able to kick it I until now.

I know. Call the wahhhhhhbulance. It's just difficult to get into a habit of writing every day when you break that habit. And my autocrit subscription expired and I don't think I'm going to renew it. It's great if you absolutely have to edit by yourself but I have two amazing girls who do that for me. One of them wants to edit professionally and is going to school for it so I've told her to use editing for me on her resume when she looks for a job outside of school.  Apparently I can tweak settings in word to find all my bad habits too so I'm going to to try that for the next novel. I've actually set a deadline of March 8th for myself to finish the next one. I also might play with that feature since I'm helping a new friend with worksheets for her nephew. They're Russian and she's totally awesome.  Going over all the basic grammar in English is a nice refresher and she gets awesome worksheets for her nephew. It's a win for both of us. 

Where was I? I'm glad I'm getting all this rambling out now...Oh! The accountability group! Yeah. Some people in there are producing a novel a month and it makes me feel like a slacker when I'm not writing a little. Like a major slacker. Like I only wrote 1599 words last night and there was someone else who blew past 4000. It's got me writing again and thank fuck, pardon my language, because I was starting to worry there for a while.

I've spent 30 minutes almost rambling. I think I'm good. Lmao, I'll post something more organized next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment