Wednesday, August 13, 2014

F***ing White Paint

So, I have written several novels several times during NaNoWriMo.

I'm about 29,000 words into the Head Over Hoof sequel.

70,000 words for my first NaNo. Not sure if I'm gonna publish that novel yet. It's a vampire novel. And a romance. But some of the characters are older and there's a whole mythology and...totally not in the genre I'm writing right now.

But I digress.

I'm writing every single day now, which IS a good thing, but when you're missing something and don't know what to do with it, that's when you need to rewrite. I'm not really trying to give advice. I don't feel like I've been a writer long enough to give any real advice. But I did add two characters. And now I'm rewriting the whole book. And it's going where it needs to go and I was talking to one of my friends about paint colors earlier. Something happens and someone remodels a house in the new story and there's a really silly scene where Aidan, Lee, and Bobby are all looking at paint now in chapter five.

I'd share a small excerpt but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable sharing it yet...but ... I have to wonder.

Why the hell do they name paints such weird names?

If you have the answer, really, tell me. I came across some really crazy ones and I'm still scratching my head.

Oh, and I also paid off the cover for the second Cheap series story last week. That one won't be released for a while.

I think I'm just blogging to blog cause I said I'd blog every Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment